Services We Offer
Some of the services we offer include, but are not limited to:
- Wellness and Emergency Exams
- Small Mammal Exams
- Reptile Exams (limited reptiles)
- Exotic Pet Exams
- Feline Grooming
- Therapeutic Laser
- In-House Pharmacy
- In-House Diagnostic Laboratory
- In-house Ultrasound
- Free healthy scheduled exams for any pet that was just rescued from any shelter or non-profit organization. We must have proof of adoption and exam must be done within 30 days of adoption. (Does not apply to emergency exams.)
We are very proud to offer in-house ultrasound as it decreases the need to travel to another facility for this service. We have several technicians who have undergone special training and are certified to perform veterinary ultrasounds. Ultrasounds can provide the doctor with important information about your pet’s organs and surrounding structures and help diagnose and/or rule out any abnormalities. Ultrasound can help discover where and why a problem is occurring so that appropriate treatment can be started. Click the image below for more information on veterinary ultrasound.
What are Petly Health Wellness Plans?
Petly Health Wellness Plans help your pet live a longer, healthier life through affordable preventative care. Petly Plans provide preventative veterinary services for one year, with the cost divided into 12 affordable monthly payments. All plans include:
- Wellness care examinations
- Doctor recommended vaccinations and annual lab work.
- 50% off microchipping
- 10% off spay or neuter surgery
- 10% off Heartworm and flea/tick preventatives
We offer customized plans for puppies, kittens, adult dogs and adult cats. See below for more information on what each plan includes.
As a relatively new branch of medicine, the Class IV laser delivers a large amount of light energy into the companion’s body. This FDA cleared, deep penetrating laser allows relief of pain through the release of endorphins, increased circulation and nerve stabilization by stimulating the injured cells to heal at a faster rate. When it interacts with damaged cells, healing is accelerated and pain virtually eliminated. As our pets age, recover from trauma or surgery, or simply need relief from everyday aches and pains, this advanced technology offers drug-free, surgery-fee pain relief.
Biddeford Animal Hospital was one of the first practices to offer this service in the region. When choosing a treatment option for your pet, the latest technology is available right here at Biddeford Animal Hospital. We offer both individual sessions and packages to fit your needs.
Some benefits of Laser Therapy:
- Proven, effective
- No known side effects
- Reduces healing time
- No sedation or clipping needed
- Quick: 3-5 minutes per site
- May decrease need for surgery, medications
Some conditions that respond to laser therapy:
- Hip Dysplasia
- Skin Conditions
- Post Surgical pain relief and increased healing
- Ear infections
- Wound Healing
- Degenerative Joint Disease
- Insect Bites/Stings
- And more….
Click on their logo below for more information about laser therapy. Call us today to see if this exciting technology could make a difference for your pet
What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture treatment involves placing small needles into the skin at specific points along the body. The needles are thin and flexible and are left in place for the duration of the treatment, which lasts about 20-30 minutes.
Doctors have been using acupuncture to treat humans and animals for over 3,000 years. Acupuncture was first developed in China and is now used in many countries around the world.
Who can treat my pet with acupuncture?
Any veterinarian who has completed an acupuncture training course can treat your pet. Dr. Erin Spader is a certified veterinary acupuncturist who trained at the Chi Institute of Chinese Medicine in Reddick, FL.
Dr. Spader is also a certified veterinary food therapist and can recommend diet suggestions to supplement your pet’s acupuncture treatment.
What types of conditions can be treated with acupuncture?
Acupuncture can help your pet with many conditions including:
- Musculoskeletal problems: arthritis, muscle pain, back pain
- Neurologic problems: seizures, intervertebral disc disease, nerve pain
- Digestive problems: vomiting, diarrhea, appetite stimulation
- Behavioral problems, skin problems, allergies
- Pre-operative and post-operative pain management
IF YOUR PET WAS LOST COULD YOU…
- Contact all the shelters and veterinary practices in your area?
- Provide them all with emergency information?
- Confirm the identity of your pet over the phone even if its tags are lost?
- Within minutes create a “lost pet” poster with a pet photo?
- Mobilize a rescue network wherever you are traveling?
Click on the Home Again logo below for even more information
With ONE phone call to HomeAgain, 1-888-HOMEAGAIN, all of this and more is done for you! Microchipping is a great way to increase the chance of getting your pet back if they are lost. Without ID and no microchip, 90% of pets statistically do not get returned home. However, over 94% of pets microchipped with HomeAgain have been reunited with their families.
There are many additional benefits to microchipping with HomeAgain:
- Proactive pet recovery network.
- Lost pet alerts.
- Personalized lost pet posters.
- 24/7 emergency medical care with animal poison control hotline.
- Adoption insurance.
- Pet ID cards.
- Pet travel assistance.
If you would like to have your pet microchipped please call us. The microchip can be placed during an appointment or while your pet is here for a procedure.
Exotic Animal Care
Biddeford Animal Hospital is not just for cats and dogs! We see a host of other small mammals and assorted reptiles!
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding what types of animals we see.